The Ultimate Guide to Post-Party Detox
Dr. Sangeeta Amladi, Head Medical Services, Kaya Skin Clinic
It is common to feel guilty for having overeaten and feel bloated post the festive and party season. While it’s perfectly normal to indulge during this time of the year, it’s also important to cleanse your body after the relentless onslaught of festival food, cocktails and delicious desserts.
Detoxing at regular intervals can help reduce environmental and dietary toxins from your body, leaving you feeling lighter and healthy. Detoxing also stimulates healthy digestion and can benefit the entire body.
Here are a few useful tips to detox –
- Lighten up your toxin load, eliminate alcohol, coffee, cigarettes, refined sugars and saturated fats, all of which act as toxins in the body and are impediments to your healing process
- One should include a lot of fiber, as well as brown rice and organically-grown fresh fruits and vegetables in their diet. Beets, radishes, cucumber, cabbage, broccoli and fruits are excellent detoxifying foods
- Including vitamin C, which helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins is extremely important for a detox diet
- Drink at least two liters of water a day
- Sweat in a sauna so your body can eliminate wastes through perspiration
Kaya Skin Clinic understands your skin’s needs and has specially designed the Ultra Detox service that reduces the effect of pollution and stress on the skin. It also detoxifies the skin and relaxes the senses. With the goodness of earthy Neroli and Patchouli you can unwind with pure air and water.This therapy begins with a unique “Jet Technology” that uses pure air and water jets to drain lymphatic nodes and gently exfoliate your skin.
Pure Vitamin C serum is used as an anti-oxidant to remove free radicals. Brightening process follows, Infusing your skin with natural brightening extracts of (mulberry extracts) to give you instant brightness.
The Face Therapy ends with Kaya’s Insta-Glow mask and leaves you with that glowing, youthful skin you have always desired.
In addition to that, Kaya also recommends AntOx Vit – C which is a dermatologically approved product that is non-oily easily absorbing anti-oxidants gel based on Vitamin C.
It also contains active ingredients that delay the appearance of dark spots, age spots, fine lines and wrinkles and UV damaged skin, thereby giving a more even skin tone.
— It delays and reduces the appearance of dark spots, age spots, acne marks, fine lines and wrinkles
— Protects the skin against environmental assault and treats acne marks and UV damaged skin
— Gives you softer, smoother skin
Key Ingredients: Aqua, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Magnesium, Ascorbyl Phosphate, Cellulose Gum, Phenoxyethanol and Ethylhexyglycerin.
Price – Rs. 1,790 for 30 ml.