You might know that Recently Lakme launched Lakmé Clean Up Clear Pores, an easy-to-use professional clean-up range enriched with goodness of green tea extracts that soothe and calm your skin and salicylic acid that helps prevent break-outs fight blemishes and reduce irritation.
Green tea and its health benefits have been greatly extolled by the world. It is portrayed as a savior for our health. We all know that green tea has antioxidants and helps to repair free radical damage. However, this gives green tea some distinct beauty benefits due its high content of antioxidants and other healthy nutrients.
The inclusion of green tea for health and beauty benefits is the top story of the recent times. Nowadays, many beauty products contain green tea extracts. Scientific researches reveal that green tea is flooded with benefits and cannot help praising the immense merits of green tea.
Here are some facts about how Green Tea does wonders to your skin!
Did you know?
- Green tea can be regarded as a storehouse of benefits for the skin. It contains a great deal of antioxidants which are effective against free radicals. These free radicals, which are formed when the skin is exposed to the UV rays of the sun, are accountable for premature aging.
- Green tea has also been found extremely effective in safeguarding the skin against sunburn and tanning when applied locally.
- The antioxidants found in green tea are also responsible in combating skin cancer by blocking the cancer causing harmful enzyme, junk.
- This wondrous natural component is also responsible for the cell renewal process. The aged keratinocytes cells are biologically energized by the polyphenol compounds in green team, which in turn, synthesize the DNA and prevent premature aging of the cells.
- On occasions of skin inflammation, green tea acts as a great soother. It has also been found out that green tea shows notable improvements among cases of psoriasis and rosacea, accompanied by inflammation.
- In cases of acnes and pimples, green tea comes in great aid as the antibacterial content in it, known as catechins, reduces over stimulation of the skin hormones. Further, the overall appearance of the skin is also improved along with complexion when green tea is used as a drink or as a mask.
- Experts suggest that applying green tea mask directly on the face is the most effective sun guard. Acne and pimples subside considerably with green tea treatment when a mask of the same is applied on to the face.