8 Tips for healthy and strong nails
Guest post by Monissha
Most of us are blessed with healthy nails. But we tend to make them brittle and fragile because of our unhealthy lifestyle and activities. So I m listing few ways of treating nails to regain its natural beauty and health again.
1. Always apply a coat of nail polish, so that the tips of the nails don’t get chipped off easily. You can also opt for clear polish if you want a neutral look.
2. Trim and file your nails regularly along the edges.
3. Drink lots of water and keep your body hydrated as well. You can also increase your calcium, biotin and vitamin e intake. Vitamins are important for healthy nails.
4. Always use non-acetone nail polish remover, as acetone acts like acid and removes the healthy outer layer of the nail and makes it dry. Even if it is a non-acetone nail polish remover, do not use them more than once in a week.
5. If your nails are very dry, then apply Vaseline on the cuticles before you go to bed at night
6. Always wear gloves that are little larger than your hand size whenever you do any manual chores like gardening, cleaning and also on using harsh chemicals during washing.
7. Keep your nails neat and clean with regular manicure done once in 10 days. It is not necessary to go for a saloon.( In fact frequent manicures at parlours makes the nails dry and brittle because of the harsh chemicals used) You can always go for home remedies for healthy and strong mails.
8. Finally avoid biting your nails and using them as weapons on your siblings. LOL