My love for Colorbar velvet matte lipsticks is not going to over yet. I cannot seem to have enough of these lipsticks and a couple of days ago, I treated myself with two more Love that rust and over the top. I will review Love that Rust Today which is a different color than my everyday wear colors.
Packaging-Silver cylindrical packaging with the transparent cap and the color inside is shown at the end as well so as to identify the shade easily.
My experience- When the sales person swatched this one for me, I was convinced then and there that I have to buy this one.
Love that rust is a lovely rust brown shade that has shimmers in it unlike the regular velvet mattes with no shimmer at all. I am not a great fan of shimmery lipsticks these days, but still I would say that the shimmer in this shade accentuates its overall appeal and texture, making it a very glamorous color that you can wear for party, night out and to office as well if you like wearing darker shades.
Moreover, this shade will suit a majority of complexions including the dusky complexions as well. I love this shade a lot and as you can see in the pictures that it can also hide pigmentation if you have pigmented lips. Staying power and texture is nice. It stays on my lips for good 3-4 hours. can be a bit drying so applying a balm underneath will do a good job.
Now, all I can say is that it is a gorgeous shade and I am sure most of you will love wearing it, if you don't mind subtle shimmer in the lipsticks.
- Packaging is nice with a secure cap.
- Quantity and price is reasonable and it is very easy on pocket.
- This one has a nice color pay off which makes me like it even more.
- It lats for about 3-4 hours on my lips which is good and can survive a light meal as well.
- It will suit majority of the complexions.
- The color shown at the bottom helps to locate it easily
- It is very moisturizing and I like them for that too.
- It is transferable and leaves stains even after removing with a makeup remover or cleansing milk.
I can’t think of any other cons.
My take- It’s such a lovely rusty shimmery shade that will look lovely on a wide range of complexions. Price being reasonable for the quality and the quantity provided. The color might look a bit different depending on the natural lip color and it will give the exact same color in one swipe.
Rating- 4 out of 5