Colorbar Velvet Matt lipstick in Demure
I am loving the colorbar lipsticks a lot these days and recently treated myself with three of these. I will review the Colorbar Velvet Matte lipstick in Demure today.
I must say that Colorbar lipsticks are amazing when it comes to pigmentation and budget but they have there own share of pros and cons so keep reading the review to know more about this beautiful color. By the way whenever, I see this color it reminds me of Colorbar Lip pot.
Which I have in toffee tango.
Price- 225 INR or less on some online shopping sites.
Quantity- 4.3 gms
Packaging- Silver cylindrical packaging with the transparent cap and the color inside is shown at the end as well so as to identify the shade easily and with the label underneath that says “Demure”.
My experience- This color Demure it a Brown with Pink undertones. This color is a very warm color which will look great on most of the skin tones. what i really like about the Colorbar velvett matte range is the Price and the formulation, which is creamy matte due to which is does not settle in fine lines and gives adequate moisture. But the only drawback worth mentioning is that it stains badly and gives a hot pink color which looks cheap so I make sure to reapply it before it gets wiped off and show the cheap color.
I think Colorbar Matina is the one that does not leave an ugly stain once it fades, in spite of its nicely pigmented formula.
Staying power of this shade is decent, no issues. You can also see the swatch below:
This color looks a bit different on my lips than on the swatch made on my hand. In the lip swatch picture my camera gave me a hue.
Also read: swatches of Colorbar velvet Matte lipsticks
- Packaging is nice and has a secure cap.
- Quantity and price is reasonable.
- Color pay off is good and has a more than medium coverage.
- It lasts for about 3-4 hours on my lips which is good and can survive a light meal as well.
- It will suit almost every skin color and will not wash you out.
- The color shown at the bottom helps to locate it easily. When in a hurry or you need to touch up.
- I could not find the ingredients list anywhere on the packaging.
- It is transferable and leaves stains even after removing with a makeup remover or cleansing milk. It turns into a hot pink color which looks cheap sometimes.
Rating- 3.5 out of 5
My take- It’s a lovely shade which I am currently wearing a lot lately. Price is reasonable for the quality and the quantity given. Keep in mind that this shade stains a lot.