I have been using this Maybelline Hypercurl Volume Express mascara a lot since I have bought it. So, I thought that I should do a review on it. This mascara is available in two variants : waterproof and non water proof ,though both are in the shade black. I bought the water proof one for myself.
My experience- This is the cheapest mascara you can say that does what it claims. I have heard that the Maybelline Colossal volume one is really great too.
The first time I applied it, I realized that it does makes my lashes fuller and longer and yes, it is waterproof, it will only comes out when you want and that too not with water, but you have to use an eye makeup remover. It does clumps a bit but its okay I can sought out that by combing the lashes afterwards with a lash comb. I have been wearing this ever since I bought it and really love it. I am thinking of buying the non waterproof one as well since waterproof is a bit difficult to remove. The mascara wand is a little curved so as to enhance the curl of your lashes and to put more product on the strands. This curved wand is also helpful for the lower lash line too as when you use it with the curve facing up while coating the lower lash line strands it reduces the chances of accidental smudges and spots underneath the eyes.
- Packaging is fine and looks nice.
- It is easily available and there are two different formulations to choose from i.e waterproof and non waterproof.
- It is really cheap, considering the quality, quantity and the brand itself.
- It made my lashes look thicker and longer.
- It holds on to the curl nicely as I curled my lashes before applying this.
- The waterproof claim is true, it is waterproof.
- The wand is slightly curved so as to help in better application on the lower lash line.
- Ingredients list is not mentioned anywhere.
It does clumps a bit when you apply the second or the third coat.
My take- It is inexpensive and worth the money, if you are looking for an inexpensive though good quality, waterproof mascara then. You won’t regret as it is worth the price and does a nice job. Maybelline mascara have proved to be the best mascaras for the price.
Rating- 4 out of 5